Friday, May 7, 2010

Throat Cancer Life Expectancy

Is it too much to ask?

The other day I went to see Clash of the Titans Version 2010, and left the theater with the certainty that most people do not understand anything. The smiles of satisfaction that filled the faces of the spectators after seeing an epic and dramatic full of bombast visual-whether it is the analogy (which I doubt) - in contrast with my feeling sick, feeling that, again, wasted a valuable couple of hours watching something that does not contribute anything positive to my life. Precious few hours I could have used anything else, for example, see rain through the window. All of this is that, despite the deployment technology with art special effects, monsters, impossible, thunderous battles, millions and millions invested in the film and the actor of the moment or because of all that, the story is a mess: pure Hollywood garbage class. But the feeling is nothing new, is identical to what I felt before, to see things like
Avatar Transformers Iron Man or even
.

The films do not have to be like real life, but do not have to be a pathetic spectacle. I'll leave aside the fact that it is a mockery of the Greek myth of Perseus. I will also ignore that is a remake of another mockery of the myth, at least this had a great role that
owl, which has only a cameo in the new version. Already
Troy had taken advantage of a myth, transforming into anything - how is it possible that Menelaus primerito die? Have taken the same story, I have changed names, had set in outer space and ready ...- and I suppose the box office given the right producers, director and writers for another team now go down the same road and smash another perfect story.

A view, a clarification. Take a The Lord of the Rings . While it is impossible to capture another adaptation-all this in movies, "it did not occur to change the story outright, which was a blessing for those who love Tolkien's books. At times the special effects he played a trick on the film (killing a oliphant Legolas, Aragorn fighting a troll compared to the Black Gates) and earned kitsch disapproving glances (the small moments of Sam and Rosie), but the story was respected as much as we could and no one was hurt. You can make an adaptation in which change some of the original story and to succeed. The clearest example for me is Watchmen, whose final film seems even better than novel (pardon the blasphemy and sacrilege.) But butchering a story loved by millions and do so without any apparent criteria, I think it's stupid.

Take
now Star Wars. It is an adaptation of anything. It's simply a story hermosa y redonda. Los nuevos episodios (I, II y III) son inferiores a los originales... básicamente por las actuaciones y por los efectos especiales. No puedo negar que los efectos son espectaculares y le permitieron a George Lucas filmar lo que no era posible en los 70. El pecado es darles demasiada importancia. Gracias a las ilimitadas posibilidades tecnológicas, decidieron incluir secuencias enteras que resultan un poco complicadas de creer que sucedan, incluso si los protagonistas son los jedis más poderosos de la galaxia -sin contar la inútil existencia de Jar Jar Binks-. Pero bueno, la historia se sostiene pese a las debilidades de un director que se ha visto contagiado del mal de Hollywood: hacer cosas hollywoodenses... Nada que ver con sus tiempos of THX 1138 or

American Graffiti ...






Today, the stories populated special effects are often poor, resulting inevitably in the science-fiction films are often poor (and in this way, also to recreate different from the present time, as ancient Greece.) What happened to creativity and intelligence of the people? Where are those who are able to make good sci-fi films as The Matrix

or

Blade Runner? Why he ran the creative writers of film, now have to resort to remakes or adapting any book for kids? Do not think it's much to ask ... Just ask good stories, not movies with characters stuck to kick the Italian political posturing owns television stations, huge monsters with fighting unbelievable, nonsensical dialogue and romances that do not have to appear on screen. Is it too much to ask? The picture does not look good for the coming months. Releases are announced as
Transformers 3
,

Independence day 2 and 3, Iron Man

,

The Avengers, Thor

, another unnecessary

Indiana Jones ... Need not be bad, but the managers are managing to create one last great battle that pits the good and evil to save the universe, ending sinking their peliculuchas (
Michael Bay Must Be Stopped
).




Fortunately next week is the
edoc9
. Although no work there, I have a lot of emotion to be able to afford to see good cinema. Exploits my passport to the fullest, I swear.

PS: I reread the post and I can only say what the hell is wrong with me? What's my problem? The world delights in Hollywood masterpieces of technology and I complain and point recess to consider trash Is I can not have fun at the movies like normal people?

0 comments:

Post a Comment