Wednesday, September 16, 2009

List And Names Of Pokemon

Masters in ICT management: IDE-CESEM, CEPADE-UPM, IIP-UOC

Hi all,

This post is open response to a query that has made me e-mail from a reader of this Blog. I preferred to publish it and reply here on the blog, because it is an interesting topic, and I think many visitors to the blog podreis answer better than me. So if you have some knowledge about it do not hesitate to write a response.

This is the e-mail: ........................................
......... Hello
Kepa,
let me I took the liberty to ask your advice about what might be my best choice for a postgraduate on-line. I've been reading your blog and your profile and I think your advice would be very valid at the time of making the best decision.

I have a degree in Economics from the University of Zaragoza since 1999 but since then my career and training has always been linked to ICT. I always liked computers and programming, and just completed a bachelor degree course / master a programming language and started working in that environment. Since then, my professional work has always been closely related to ICT technical tasks (Analysis and programming) in Information Systems departments. In these 10 years, all (with few expepciones) training I've done has been on matters téncicas Bolonia (progrmación languages, SO, analysis and development methodologies, etc.)..

Now, I am considering the possibility of graduate training in Leadership and Management of ICT, both for a bit more "glow" to my resume and to be increasingly deepening of ICT as a fundamental tool business enterprises. In addition, currently, my professional work is not as technical, is more related to the functional part Business and ICT, and this training would enable me to improve every day in my work.

I have discussed much of the existing wide range of training, evaluating factors such as the Training Programme, Prestige School / University, Methodology, Price, etc.. My favorite is the Master of LaSalle (obviously, it's also more expensive), but that have rejected for failure to do face formats. Work 8 hours a day, I'm married with one child 3 years and this Master requires me to travel every weekend for a year from Zaragoza to Barcelona. In the end, I decided to do postgraduate training in the modality chosen on-line.

Of all the supply that I have discussed, I am left with 3 options:
- Master in Management and ICT-CESEM IDE (1 year)
- Master in ICT for business CEPADE-UPM ( 2 years + project)
- Master in Management ICT IIP-UOC (2 years + project)
The most expensive of the 3 is the CEPADE (7,600 €)-the other 2 options are similar in price, around to € 4,500 - but the method of payment I would tackle the economic effort. I would like to advise me on which would be my best option. I have some doubts: 1 .- According
my profile (33 years old, college graduate and 9 years of experience in the sector) Better make postgraduate training in a business school as an IDE or a university as the UOC or UPM? What option is most valued in the labor market now?
2 .- Can you tell me what would be the "school" the most prestigious of the 3 options that scenario? I know the UOC provides high quality, but I have not clear that this is a well known and prestigious institution outside Catalonia. On the other hand, the prestige of the UPM, but I have very clear the quality of training content CEPADE. Finally, what is the prestige of IDE-CESEM? It is not ESADE or IESE, but not how it's valued IDE-CESEM in business ... 3 .-
CESEM IDE-Master offers the same modality in the form On-Line Is a Master worth much more than one done face on-line?
4 .- Is there any other option apart from this I recommend you pose?

Thanks in advance, I await your replies and any assessment or additional advice that you think you can do about it.

Yours faithfully, xxxxxx

........................................ .........


Thank you for your question. You see, I decided to post for several reasons. In addition to being well conceived and clearly written, consultation, and possibly be a topic of interest to most readers, especially there is a fundamental reason: Your question is very difficult!
I am a teacher. What I know about training institutions and universities is what I see in students who hire my services. And besides, to tell you the truth, in levels of ICT management I have never moved to know what the contractors can see more of such profiles.
The only thing I know, who is the company where I work, I do think that for management positions is then thrown over the quarry, that is, often put in positions of responsibility to which they burn of posts more technical.
But being a big company, I guess that is not the standard pattern. I guess that newer companies themselves will have to hire outside managers because no technician will have enough experience to manage.

regard to what you raise the center is better, more prestigious, etc. Sorry no information and I appeal to readers who want to leave here your opinion or experience. I think this will be the best possible answer. As you can see I put on the title the name of the Master and institutions to bring this up when searching on Google. I hope you have luck and opinions appear immediately. Overall

I congratulate you on your decision to continue studying. Not only are you going to help brighten your CV but that study is, in general, "good" for life in all its aspects. I would say that even for sexual life, family, ... to health, is very positive study, maintain an intense intellectual activity.

But, anyway you want some tips to brighten up your CV? Chinese studies. Have 33 years within 20 years, when all of your generation are obsolete and medium you are going to be a top, side by side with the youth of the company and will arrive speaking Chinese. Something like the managers of the last century who spoke English, which were the most prominent among his people.

Well, it's just an idea. I hope other readers give more adequate responses to the question.

Best Regards! Kepa

Ríos Alday

0 comments:

Post a Comment