Monday, July 26, 2010

Free Buggy Designs And Blueprints

College Study Skills For Engineers

I ever seen, I have called study skills classes for an engineering student. Fortunately I eventually refocused thing and I'll give you a normal class, but if they fall into any other location they sell classes and study techniques are so broad. I take this opportunity to say what I think the study techniques.

First, how a psychologist, who has not studied any engineering or tend to have very good training in mathematics, can claim to teach how to study engineering?

What the techniques of study is that students are set in some models and try to get everyone to do the same thing planned, be abstract ... a lot of things that many people do not serve any purpose. Study

is something that can not be taught through specific instructions because it is something that everyone does differently. The most one can do (and not little) is to teach by example. So when a teacher contract and asks me to prepare the agenda for the classes, I always say that she looks back in any case a little to remember him, but I do not think the teacher should prepare a class is seamless. For the pride of the teacher is much more comfortable releasing all the perfect exposure, but that students usually learn much less. If the teacher has a question in class, or doing an exercise wrong ... it goes a little wrong, but it may be in these more learning opportunities when students. Because the teacher has to browse a bit to find a formula book, or reviewing an exercise to find the mistake ... and that is where more example gives students, that's where they are taught that knowledge is built, not born with it, you have to rely on the books ...

So I think the teacher teaches the student to study, but not directly. Can not be taught to study directly. You can push someone to do, encourage, help you decide, and once it starts, provide the way, not let it stop, pull a little of it ... but you can not tell the student: do this and this and this and will be studying. No, it's something different for each. It's about finding your own way.

Anyway, also I have to admit that in some cases, the study techniques that work probably yes, why? because by giving study skills class the teacher to student, is also indirectly by the work of encouraging him to consider, not to stop, etc. But not for the self-study techniques.

0 comments:

Post a Comment