I went to his concert on Saturday (November 21, 2009, at the coliseum General Rumñahui of Quito). It is the third time I see him there, on stage, repeating the things I said life from his records. It's something I had given up ... I did not expect to see him again, at least not here. I thought that maybe at some hypothetical and unlikely-trip to Argentina could see him play again at some bar, in a disk, in a plaza ... anywhere ...
And then ... Say no more... 1986, La Chorrera
No puedo hablar mucho de esto porque esa vez no lo fui a ver. Debo aceptar que ni siquiera me enteré que venía -además que en ese tiempo, mi fuerte eran los boleros, los tangos y todo lo que tocara la Sonora Matancera-. He escuchado cosas de ese día, como que algún imbécil del público le lanzó un botellazo, según dicen porque sólo toco un tema de Sui Generis cuando los típicos sonzos de la radio promocionaban el evento casi como si fuera un concierto de Sui Generis... (ya sabemos lo buenos que pueden ser los botellazos contra los artistas, como el latazo de cerveza que le lanzaron when it came to Bunbury Heroes del Silencio. According to attendees, enraged left the stage while the band was playing ... and when he returned, he sang with strength and power that it had before the release). Anyway, according to my research, some of the issues that played that night were: I'm not a stranger ,
Ant Rap
, Promises on bidet,
Looking for a symbol peace, a great version of
Do not you spare a dime?
not let me out
, Friday 3 a.m.
.
2002, Agora de la Casa de la Cultura Ecuatoriana
The April 13, 2002 will remain etched in the minds of rock fans as one of the purest concert ever in the Ecuador, if not the purest. A García 7 years younger than today, with 7 years less drugs and alcohol and 7 years of voice announced his presence in Ecuador and the fans start counting the days and times for the arrival of the show. I remember I went to line up with the Emo from one in the afternoon and there were people. There were many people ... that day could have done in the Coliseum and it would have been hopelessly. The police arrived around 4 pm and could not do anything to control the crowd that was pressed against the doors. That was really a concert by Charly García, began very late, people were drunk from the same queue, there was a bed on stage, lucky the person owning the bed ... Charly appeared dressed as Sherlock Holmes, even with pipe, jumping on one foot like Angus Young, singing
About
revolution to the general madness. Tribulations, cry and fall of a foolish king imaginary or not
of Sui Generis. But at such technicians connect the computers came up and almost left us deaf to all victims of a murderer feedback. Obviously the poor Garcia also felt the brunt of the noise, threw the keyboard and left. And so, between technical interruptions, failure of sound and the typical ups and downs of a Charly García damped increasingly shaky, but completely inspired, the concert lasted more than three hours. To the end, many people had already left, musicians showed what it's about endurance Charly "Maria Gabriela Epumer between them (you amamoooooos) - and we were exhausted.
pray for you, the hitherto unpublished
influence (if I'm not mistaken, played twice), Meeting with the devil
influence (if I'm not mistaken, played twice), Meeting with the devil trance,
Going from the bed to the living , We are sticking down , Demoliendo
hotels ... and one of the best times of my life: the Spawn embraced as Garcia played winter Confessions
, coreándola their lungs with tears in his eyes.
2002 Coliseo General Rumiñahui That December 27, 2002 will be kept forever as one of those days full of rock'n'roll and a demonstration of everything that can be Charly García . Well, start from the beginning: when I heard the news almost to I'm dying. He had already fulfilled my dream of seeing live García months ago, and suddenly they come and tell me that I would play again in Quito, the same year, up more accompanied by Fito Paez, Gustavo Cerati. It seemed that the gods were on my side. Since the day of the concert, preparations began early. It was a marathon day that began with a long queue outside the Colosseum. Once inside, the first to play Krucks were fairly well received by an audience that obviously did not go to see them ... Next came Aterciopelados. I have to say that I liked his show less than the Krucks. If it was not because they were in the lineup, I had never heard live. Indeed, even before that day, I had only heard a complete song from Aterciopelados ... Anyway, they sang, many people applauded them, chanted and danced to their songs and it went away. Time was Cerati.
Gustavo had already seen in 2000, when he came bringing his tour
Bocanada
Going from the bed to the living , We are sticking down , Demoliendo hotels ... and one of the best times of my life: the Spawn embraced as Garcia played winter Confessions
, coreándola their lungs with tears in his eyes.
2002 Coliseo General Rumiñahui That December 27, 2002 will be kept forever as one of those days full of rock'n'roll and a demonstration of everything that can be Charly García . Well, start from the beginning: when I heard the news almost to I'm dying. He had already fulfilled my dream of seeing live García months ago, and suddenly they come and tell me that I would play again in Quito, the same year, up more accompanied by Fito Paez, Gustavo Cerati. It seemed that the gods were on my side. Since the day of the concert, preparations began early. It was a marathon day that began with a long queue outside the Colosseum. Once inside, the first to play Krucks were fairly well received by an audience that obviously did not go to see them ... Next came Aterciopelados. I have to say that I liked his show less than the Krucks. If it was not because they were in the lineup, I had never heard live. Indeed, even before that day, I had only heard a complete song from Aterciopelados ... Anyway, they sang, many people applauded them, chanted and danced to their songs and it went away. Time was Cerati. Gustavo had already seen in 2000, when he came bringing his tour
Bocanada
Rite
and Final black box ... and no fault which have not known songs Soda. Cerati's presence causes die on stage ... and causes the double when he plays and sings. Would be about an hour and half of his show and gave way to Paez. What a great concert was that-not as good as that of the House of Culture a few months before, but still, something spectacular. I remember how I jumped, how they sang, how I sweated, how I almost died when it ended because I was completely exhausted. I also agree that it was the first time I heard Back to me, "a new subject" which then appear in the blood
Nature ... die caused further. And then Charly García ... Some kind of curse seemed to chase the poor Charly. Until the end of the presentation of Paez, the sound was relatively good, in the good that can be in that arena, "but Garcia went on stage and something changed. I remember I was almost fainted and he appeared. I jumped as if driven by springs and prepared to enjoy the best songwriter in English, but could not because my ears just came noise, a shadow of
Love waits. Garcia, dressed in a robe of red bed, his face painted like a lady with giant headphones on his head, carrying also the curse of perfect pitch, could not stand the poor quality of the equipment or the apathy of the people who did not idea what the hell would be singing. The show lasted maybe two and a half songs. By then Garcia had already begun to end all amps that put him ahead, kicking the equipment and take it out on the keyboard. We were lucky after all: We saw Charly Garcia in his animal state, adjective with one of those nice words is in English, as unleashed or
berserk. Efforts were of no use to try Paez sound and fix the flaws. People were already angry with Garcia throwing bottles on stage drops and shampoo. There was even a guy who got on the drums and played a few seconds before one of the Rhodes tried out the hard way. The rest is well known. Poor Charlie spent the night in jail and we were eager to hear more.
Many people did not enjoy the concert of Garcia in 2002 in Quito. Is not Charly García We understand how or what their concerts ... understood nothing. Who expect to live something like a concert by another artist, I had no idea what to expect or know who is really Charly García.
2009, Coliseo General Rumiñahui
and Final black box ... and no fault which have not known songs Soda. Cerati's presence causes die on stage ... and causes the double when he plays and sings. Would be about an hour and half of his show and gave way to Paez. What a great concert was that-not as good as that of the House of Culture a few months before, but still, something spectacular. I remember how I jumped, how they sang, how I sweated, how I almost died when it ended because I was completely exhausted. I also agree that it was the first time I heard Back to me, "a new subject" which then appear in the blood Nature ... die caused further. And then Charly García ... Some kind of curse seemed to chase the poor Charly. Until the end of the presentation of Paez, the sound was relatively good, in the good that can be in that arena, "but Garcia went on stage and something changed. I remember I was almost fainted and he appeared. I jumped as if driven by springs and prepared to enjoy the best songwriter in English, but could not because my ears just came noise, a shadow of
Love waits. Garcia, dressed in a robe of red bed, his face painted like a lady with giant headphones on his head, carrying also the curse of perfect pitch, could not stand the poor quality of the equipment or the apathy of the people who did not idea what the hell would be singing. The show lasted maybe two and a half songs. By then Garcia had already begun to end all amps that put him ahead, kicking the equipment and take it out on the keyboard. We were lucky after all: We saw Charly Garcia in his animal state, adjective with one of those nice words is in English, as unleashed or
berserk. Efforts were of no use to try Paez sound and fix the flaws. People were already angry with Garcia throwing bottles on stage drops and shampoo. There was even a guy who got on the drums and played a few seconds before one of the Rhodes tried out the hard way. The rest is well known. Poor Charlie spent the night in jail and we were eager to hear more.
Many people did not enjoy the concert of Garcia in 2002 in Quito. Is not Charly García We understand how or what their concerts ... understood nothing. Who expect to live something like a concert by another artist, I had no idea what to expect or know who is really Charly García.
2009, Coliseo General Rumiñahui
Having lost hope that Charly want to return to Ecuador, then to accompany him to the distance in the recovery of the last collapse Emo told me that he announced a concert yours here. I just returned from the non-
Bunbury concert Sígsig -púdranse, damn Grasshopper-Club members and went to investigate on the Internet. If the Rolling Stone said it, I believed them. Again, the opportunity of seeing the person, touching for me. The concert was last Saturday (November 21) and obviously I attended. There were so many people, was badly chosen location. The Agora have been better but Raphael was singing there ... Just over half the tickets sold, there was one in court where they were about 10 people ... bad organization, but hey, it started. What distinguished this concert above was the presence of the fans identified with T-shirts, bracelets say no more, flags, and something in the environment. Most people knew that we would see a Charly recovered but that it would prevent recovery be the same as the past shows. Then she felt a sort of conspiracy pro Charly, we were willing to forgive its flaws and does not require it to its own limit. People sing his songs from before, was dying to see him and, if possible, to hug, offer encouragement, to feel their idol will recover fully and we are all with him. Of course I also had the typical novelero and we were who we were to enjoy a lot of rock.
waaaaay more things I could say the concert, but I think I've written too much in this post and no one will read it if I continue. I will just say that I'm sore and hoarse after all that jumped, sang and cried. I enjoyed ... I love rock and roll ...
The set-list:
01. Love waits
02. Rap exile
01. Love waits
02. Rap exile
03. I am no stranger
04. About
04. About
revolution
05.
Chipi-Chipi
Fanky
07. Do not you dare to take off (via death) 08. demolishing hotels 09. Promises of bidet 10. Adela in the carrousel 11. I pray for you 12. Moving from bed to living 13. Song 2 x 3 14. We are hitting bottom (mortal sin) 15. Influence 16. Crying in the mirror 17. Passing into a trance 18. Rare new hairstyles 19. I feel much better 20. Your vice
21. Looking for a peace symbol
21. Looking for a peace symbol
22. (I'm green) I let out
23. I will not train
23. I will not train
--- 24. You should know why 25. Speaking to your heart ---
26. Rock and roll I Finally, in the list of issues that were musicians, there were four songs: Do not touch , not be called love ,
Dinosaurs and
Collective Unconscious. But Garcia was already cast. When he came to the last encore in Rock and roll I promised to be the last because I could not more. Never mind, I know we gave all he could give us that night. Its 58 years behind him is enough for someone who has had a hectic life. But I still think that if someone gives you a little alcohol or cheerleading, achieved its transformation into rock and roll machine that was until recently. After all, it was he who invented the profession to be a rock star.
26. Rock and roll I Finally, in the list of issues that were musicians, there were four songs: Do not touch , not be called love , Dinosaurs and
Collective Unconscious. But Garcia was already cast. When he came to the last encore in Rock and roll I promised to be the last because I could not more. Never mind, I know we gave all he could give us that night. Its 58 years behind him is enough for someone who has had a hectic life. But I still think that if someone gives you a little alcohol or cheerleading, achieved its transformation into rock and roll machine that was until recently. After all, it was he who invented the profession to be a rock star.
0 comments:
Post a Comment