Open Response to email from a reader comment on a comment
E-MAIL RECEIVED:
........... Hello
................................... Kepa,
I am interested in studying Telecommunication Engineering specialty Telematics at the UOC, and I have several doubts:
1) I have almost 40 years, working for 8 hours a day and we are expecting our first baby within a month, which is why so I think that the UOC is what more can adapt to my day to day, I think I got CFGS Application Development Computer two years ago, since then I pick up a book, now comes the question do you think that with all this it is advisable to enroll mogollón I can take it forward? I want to keep learning and most importantly to aspire to a better job in my guild is the Computer.
2) Doing ongoing assessments and related work on the subjects of the UOC engineering drawing can go forward?
3) On the other hand I also doubt remains that in the IT industry working many or almost every time rewards for experience and official certification, I am MCP, MCSE, A +, and I do not know if I anger better to stick with the certifications officers such as CCNA, that cost me less money, effort and time and labor market are very good looks, or else get into this trip will not be easy but if I finish I'll have a great reward and I can choose without doubt a very good job.
I've seen in your blog that you go about teaching and that you are somehow involved with the UOC is why I felt the freedom to write this e-mail I hope you do not mind.
Waiting for your reply.
Best Regards, Daniel MS
........................................ ......
OPEN RESPONSE:
Hola Daniel,
Gracias por escribirme, no me molesta en absoluto. Si tengo un blog es porque me gusta dar mi opinión y conversar de estos temas.
Lo primero aclararte que yo no estoy involucrado con la UOC. Tengo un pequeño centro de formación donde yo y otros profesores damos clases de apoyo, clases particulares y grupos de estudio... principalmente de temas técnicos. Lo que conozco de la UOC es a través de mis alumnos. Veo qué prácticas les ponen, qué nivel de exigencia tienen, cómo evalúan, etc. Pero jamás hablé con ningún representante de la OUC.
También tenemos alumnos de la UNED y de universidades presenciales de Madrid y alrededores.
Ahora si te parece hablamos de your questions, I tell you the answer because I can not. What that tells me are very personal questions. I can only give you my point of view.
1) I I have students who are over 40 years working 8 hours a day and more (not many cases, it is true, but I have, and I've had several, students work with family and career are taken slowly). What did I tell you is that you get the idea that you will require a time and work, and that something will have to fight at home and at work to get to advance a technical career.
As to what the best job and I do not know. I long ago ceased to tell my students that nonsense. Study improves life improves you as a person makes you smarter, help you live more intensely ... but I'm not used to earn more money or get a better job. That depends on each of your luck, etc. I tell you one thing
Daniel, 40 years if you're not rich, better stop dreaming. In the world of technical knowledge, engineering and technology, there are things that are beautiful for who is encouraged to study them ... I think the money is not a good motivation for a career. For that certifications are better you say.
2) Yes, it's actually quite bearable compared to having to attend several classes and labs every week. Taking their work practices and well try to make them always because even if you do not go very well, yes you are adding something of note and help you to not completely lose the thread of the subject.
What I do not know if there are some subjects that are approved only this work. I believe that most subjects are presenting works (the famous PECs) and also by examination.
3) I think I've already answered this in question 1). The rewards of a career is knowledge, not money, the paradox of the matter is that if you study the race well, seeking knowledge, interesándote as you study, you will probably all end up better and making more money than if you metieses to study for the money. I do not know if you see what I say but it is very important, in fact, I do not recommend anyone look for cash. If what you want is money there are much easier ... how to seduce a rich widow, wealthy relatives to seek to cheat the lottery ... I'm joking, but you know what I mean, no? Spain
If there were a love of knowledge would best engineers and best professionals today. That the only interest in us is that we accept the mercantilist, is for our country a real downfall. And do not get me wrong, I am not against money, in contrast, work much, study hard, and I never needed the dough, but if I only move for money would not do half the things I do, then I'd have less money.
regard to certification, there is between them and the university, a key difference: In the races are learning concepts, you learn to think, with the certificates you learn to use tools. Perhaps the time commitment that requires either the end of the similar, but in racing you're going to have a radical transformation, not as incorporating a tool kit, it is rather like taking a lover of the tools, knowing its benefits, its shortcomings, its special ... They are different things not exclusive.
What I mean by this is that:
Caminante no hay camino, is made by walking. (Antonio Machado)
Best Regards!
0 comments:
Post a Comment