Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Northface Outlet Texas

could not pass up. Maracanazo in memory ...

I have much to do, but I could not forget the anniversary. Today they are 60 years of Maracanazo, just today beat Uruguay to another location in world (South Africa: 0 x 3: Uruguay). I'm just going to transcribe some sort of story I wrote about 3 years ago, quite fictional because the great Obdulio Varela was a guy of few words and I paint as a talker. But hey, it's just my sign of respect for the best team of all time, because there are things you never forget. Today is
  • Today is the day ... I open my eyes and the weight of reality falls on me, trying to cerrármelos again. The drives away with his hand in the air and jump out of bed. My bare feet touch the floor warm Brazilian and I feel the concentration of energy in my body. Fatigue by parties with Sweden and Spain there is nothing, I am whole, and should also be my teammates, and I feel great. Burst into their rooms with chants and applause, and little by little, they are raising, some accompanied by my songs, others such as Maspoli or Gambetta, wanting to kill me for waking them. A quick exchange of glances with each reassures me that we are ready. The morning passes quickly, all prepared. The teacher would prefer not to fly or a fly, but I think it's better that way. The Pepe Schiaffino for juggling not right and he plays with everyone. The ball loves him and does everything he asks. Moran joked Ghiggia to see who makes more goals in the final, although they do not quite convinced, while Gonzales leads us to a few what the newspapers say ... We presumed dead. When I do not see very well is to Julio Perez, seems to be dying of nerves. We eat something light at the hotel and left early. Good, because the amount of People on the street is not to believe, and the trip to Maracana is endless.
  • We are in the dressing room warming up and we have to talk almost shouting. Nobody dares to go out for a look. Tejera thinks all Rio de Janeiro is in the stadium. It seems that we will bounce twisted the roof above, but no matter, we in ours. Maspoli I can see very relaxed, loose, like a cat himself, catching every pitch he throws the teacher. Miguez I get for one side in a flash with no sense even to me about. During that split second that is on my side, we looked at the corner of my eye and I can read him confidence. I take a walk around the locker room and may feel in the air that something big is gonna happen ... While Brazilians are going to go out thrashing in the field are eleven against eleven, and my eleven not afraid. Almost ready, we warn of illustrious visit. Come the leaders of the AUF when I'm finished putting on the armband. We shake hands, congratulate us get to this point and we shoot to kill. The president tells us that if we do not make more than four goals, we will have done. Spend a second eternal when I feel that the confidence of many suffering shrapnel from the words of this ignorant, while I am up the blood to the head and I fall on point kicks. "Compliments only if we are champions!" yelled just in time to contain a little psychic meltdown. With his head down and dead of shame, out of the clubhouse managers. minutes pass, the teacher gives the lecture and leaves us ready to go on the court. It seems that something explodes out there, should be the home team jumping on the lawn and causing hysteria all people. I stand at the door of the wardrobe and make time, hoping to calm down a bit so crazy. "My God" , I think, " is just a game ... I hope you do not take it amiss when they win the Cup," . a long time after leading the boys go out with the Celeste , the second skin, and the crowd gets us aggressively. You can feel the rumble of drums in our body and the breath of all these people. We arrived at the court and a pale Andrade
  • tells me "Here there must be more than two hundred thousand people ..."
  • walk the look on the faces of the team and I can see how the faith of some crumbling. I gather before it is too late and not knowing what to say, I cry "Outsiders are stick!" . Gambetta understands me and smiles. I approach Maspoli and say "Did you see the face of nine of them? Which moron! I bet you can not make or a goal" . Ring Ghiggia and after where I say sarcastically "Did you see the goalkeeper they have? That is still half asleep, you sure do ten goals." scream, applaud, I convey my faith and all are raised, are oblivious to the quarter of a million Brazilians gathered in the stadium and tremors caused by jumping. We looked together. We're fine. We stood in line for the ceremony and the authorities are bowing to ours and theirs. With enough effort we can hear how their president tells them "Brazilian world champions" without even having begun the match. That the killing will ... And yet at the ceremony, Julio Perez me dice: "Obdulio, si hoy quieres ir a tapar, seguramente atajas cuatro penales" . Es que es así, se puede sentir en la camiseta. Hoy es el día...
  • Salud, Uruguay... Salud, Obdulio.
  • 0 comments:

    Post a Comment